SNAP Interactive is a dynamic, fast-paced technology company creating rich media, multi-platform social experiences such as Paltalk, FirstMet, Camfrog, Tinychat, Firetalk, & more! The mission of our products is to become the leading platform in connecting a global audience of users around interest categories and dating by leveraging live video and chat as the core method of communication. We work at the intersection of Social, Big Data, Location and Mobile. Our environment is fun and relaxed, our products are ambitious, and our teams are some of the brightest in NYC.
SNAP Interactive, a publicly traded company, is seeking a Software Development Manager for Web and E-commerce to focus as a key owner for our CURRENT and NEXT GENERATION web api and e-commerce platform services.
Areas of Responsibility
- Dictate and drive the stack for all things Web, Web Services, and e-Commerce
- Manage 7-10 direct and offshore engineers (India) of varying skill levels, teaching them to communicate effectively, write excellent code, and test it well through code reviews, performance reviews, and regular one-on-one feedback.
- Develop software hands-on at all points in the stack, walking others through their most difficult tasks and pushing projects to completion by working on areas where you have expertise.
- Balance product work with eliminating technical debt, establishing processes, and adjusting responsibilities to maximize your team’s efficiency and plan for the future.
- Spearhead efforts for eliciting feedback and action items to improve engineering processes, architecture and applications
- Assist Product Management with the creation and prioritization of the roadmap, be a champion for technology during this process
- You are passionate about creating transparency and accountability in software development organizations and about helping developers achieve greatness
- Minimum Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- Excellent full-stack developer who can write clean, well-structured web applications and push others to do the same.
- 8+ years as a hands on developer and contributor in Web and Web Publishing environments
- 5+ years managing high-performance, SCRUM-oriented technical teams
- Strong understanding of RESTful and API-driven, scalable architecture designs
- Proficient with Node.js and Java (Servlet, JSP) backend stacks
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MySql, MsSql, Redis, MongoDB)
- Proficient with client JS MV* frameworks (e.g. Angular.js, React.js, Actionhero.js)
- Strong experience with Linux dev environments and workflow tools (e.g. Git, Jira, Grunt)
- Experience with automated testing strategies and continuous integration workflows
- Real-world experience with highly transactional B2C eCommerce solutions and/or integrations with 3rd party payment processors
- Amazon Web Services or similar cloud services environment experience
- Passion for teaching – You prioritize helping others become autonomous above trying to do everything yourself
- Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with both internal and external clients
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Experience with Drupal or other CMS is a plus
- Experience developing for a hybrid native/web kit environment serving desktop and mobile
To apply, please go to the following link: